North American Minimum Advertised Price Policy
As a leading innovator in motorcycle braking indication, Vectolabs, LLC is proud to manufacture technology that not only enhances visibility, but could potentially save lives. Our products are utilized in installations around the world on a multitude of street and cruiser styles from scooters to the largest of sport touring motorcycles.
We recognize the investment involved at the dealer level from sales presentation to technical training in an effort to deliver the best possible customer experience. To protect this investment and maintain profit levels that support exceptional service from our valued resellers, Vectolabs is instituting a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy.
While it is understood that resellers are free to sell Vectolabs products for any price of their choosing, Vectolabs in it's sole discretion reserves the right to limit the availability of products to any authorized reseller who does not adhere to the advertising guidelines listed below. We believe this policy will ensure the brand’s premium perception in the marketplace and allow resellers to remain competitive.
- It will be the sole discretion of Vectolabs to monitor and enforce the MAP policy and take action against resellers operating outside of the MAP policy.
- Vectolabs will maintain a “Map List”. We reserve the right to change this list and pricing at any time but will make every attempt to communicate with our channel in advance.
- All products will have a MAP price. Any reseller advertising below the MAP price will be in violation of the MAP policy. Resellers will not be in violation for advertising above MAP price.
- ‘Advertising’ includes but is not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, social media, auction sites, Amazon, Ebay, 3rd party websites or subsidiaries, apps, mailers, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, internet including websites, forums, email newsletters, email solicitations, television, radio, and public signage. E-commerce features that are initiated by the reseller to display lower than MAP such as “Click for Price,” "Call for Price", "Email for Price" or other automatic pricing will violate the MAP policy. Other advertising not specifically mentioned here designed to circumvent MAP policy will be be deemed a violation by Vectolabs.
- Advertising bundles of Vectolabs’ products included in the MAP policy with other products that effectively reduce the price of the MAP product will be a violation of this MAP policy. This could include gift certificates, points, or other incentives.
- In some cases, Vectolabs may temporarily authorize resellers to sell MAP products below the stated policy by modifying or suspending the MAP pricing. Advanced notice of these events will be communicated in writing with the dealers to include the affected part numbers, modified prices and the duration.
- All matters of interpretation and application of the terms of the MAP policy shall remain within the sole discretion of Vectolabs. Vectolabs will attempt to work with resellers who intentionally or unintentionally violate the MAP policy. That said, we reserve the right to take action swiftly in cases that include but are not limited to damaging Vectolabs’ brands, the channel, or the competitive marketplace.
- Sell on Approved Retail Website(s) Only - Dealers and resellers must only take orders via ecommerce pages on approved websites owned by said dealer or reseller. Sales on 3rd party sites (Amazon, Ebay, Rakutan, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc.) are prohibited.
Vectolabs, LLC will notify dealers of their MAP policy infractions in the following manner:
Appeals must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to providing the reason(s) for failure to comply with this MAP policy, please reference offense number(s), notification date(s), dealer name, address, non compliant printed material or website(s), contact name, email, and phone number with each request. Vectolabs, LLC will use it's sole discretion to grant appeals and should an appeal be granted, dealer will remain on a (90) day probationary shipping basis. Additional offenses during this period will be treated as the Third Notice as described above.
- First Notice: Dealer will be notified via phone of their violation in which case there will be (7) days to remove printed advertisements from circulation and (48) hours to comply in online marketplaces (dealer websites, Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping, etc.)
- Second Notice: Dealer will be notified via email or in writing of the uncorrected violation. The notice will warn that failure to comply in (7) business days will result in losing authorization to re-buy Vololights and use copyrighted materials related to Vololights and VoloMOD. Images and trademarked names may not be used in any printed materials or online webpages (dealer websites, Ebay, Amazon, Google Shopping, etc.) for this (30) day duration beginning on the 7th day of non-compliance.
- Third Notice: Dealer will be notified via email or in writing of the violation and will be placed on an indefinite non-ship basis. Dealer may appeal this decision in writing or email as described below.